Although this is being posted on Wednesday 12 August, think of it as next Monday's post, 17 August 2026.
I will be in Tonga then, participating in the biennial General Synod/Te Hinota Whanui of the Anglican Church in Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia.
From time to time the Diocese of Polynesia hosts the General Synod in Polynesia so it is a privilege to be able to travel to Tonga to enjoy their hosting. (Polynesia has hosted previously in Fiji (1990, 2012), and South Auckland (2000).)
All details about our meeting, including links to bills and motions can be found by heading to this site.
Pray for us, please!
Interestingly, the General Synod of the Anglican Church in Australia is meeting this week in Melbourne. I have enjoyed following Professor Peter Sherlock's reflections - his reflections on the first day is here.
If none of this synodical stuff interests you, or you love it but ahve further reading time available, then a few weeks ago I was very much taken by this account of the state of Anglican-Roman Catholic conversations (= ARCIC).
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment