Thursday, August 13, 2009

Why stay in TEC ... could be reason to stay in the Communion too!

Philip Turner is a stayer and explains why in an inspiring and challenging essay. Here is an excerpt. I agree with this man.

"I just can’t bring myself to say, “I have sinned, but I am going off with a crowd that’s decided it can place itself outside the consequences of that sin.” This statement leads me to my fourth reason for staying. I believe that the way to confront error is to speak the truth in love and live in a different manner. When all is said and done, witness of this sort is the only solution. Political strategy, not even political victory, can right the ship that is the church and carry it to harbor in the midst of a storm. Truthful witness and willingness to bear the consequences of that witness are the means by which God changes not only the world, but also his church. One must be willing to say with Christ, “But this is your hour, and the power of darkness” (Luke 22:53) and then leave the rest to God."

No comments: