Thursday, March 27, 2014

Fellowship

These are interesting days and good times but not for blogging and thus, once again, I put off, now till next week (at least ... it will have troubles sufficient unto itself, I am sure) further work on coherent and consistent doctrine.

'Good times' is code for lovely autumn weather in Christchurch - not cold nor hot (though perhaps too much rain on occasions) along with pleasant interactions with a variety of people.

Yesterday I was privileged to have lunch with one of my colleagues and two staff from Moore College, Sydney over here with a group of students for a mission in one of our parishes. There was an equally pleasant occasion for fellowship on Monday afternoon when I and two colleagues from the Diocese met with the whole group.

Today our cup runneth over as the Archbishop of York John Sentamu and Mrs Margaret Sentamu visit our Diocese and the city of Christchurch.

Of course in the presence of distinguished guests one worries about protocol and in the particularities of this visit, should I wear my clerical collar or not?

No comments: