Monday, May 27, 2024

How was that then?

The Tikanga Pakeha Conference and the General Synod/Te Hinota Whanui which followed it are done and dusted. It was lovely meeting in Havelock North and Hastings respectively for these hui.

Taonga has reports on various proceedings of note here, here, here, here and here.

I am especially pleased that at our third attempt, Tikanga Pakeha, via our Conference meeting, has agreed to a nomination for our new Senior Bishop and Archbishop for our whole church, ++Justin Duckworth (Bishop of Wellington), and that Tikanga Maori and Tikanga Pasefika confirmed that nomination during our meeting in Hastings.

The life of the church presses on - the real work of the church not being synodality but is our day to day witnessing to Jesus Christ as the hope of the world and the bread of life, On that score, one of the high points of our proceedings was a session with Fr Greg Boyle and Steve Avalos - their stories being testimonies to the life-changing power of the Gospel of Christ, with specific focus on transforming members of gangs in LA.

The film of their session - the session in which they appeared - can be seen here. Further reporting on the remarkable story of Fr Greg's life and ministry can be found here and here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...


Hello. My name is Luke and I have a question. I have autism (more specifically Asperger’s) and I was wondering if god could create (or have already created) a female clone/version of myself (that looks like me but just as a female) in heaven. I ask this because I’m a dualist and I like dualism and what really would make me happy (other than salvation) would be to have a female version of myself that looks like me and I can be friends with and be a duality with.

Peter Carrell said...

Dear Luke
I consider it both unlikely (e.g. in view of the people in this world who do not marry, i.e. do not find that "dualist" mirror image of themselves) and not scripturally supported that God has so created.

I wish you well in your search for a wonderful friend and companion in life.

Anonymous said...

"Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things that God has prepared for them that love him."
We do not know what we will *see in heaven - except the Beatific Vision which will surpass all earthly seeing.
Nor do we really know what we will *be in heaven - except that when He appears, we will be like Him.
"We are far too easily pleased." (C.S. Lewis, 'The Weight of Glory')

Pax et bonum
William Greenhalgh