Wednesday, July 27, 2016

A new job for me?

LinkedIn is hilarious. Below is an excerpt from an email sent to me overnight. Apparently, from my rather thin CV supplied in my profile, I am eligible for the following jobs.


Top job picks for you



University of Canterbury
University of Canterbury
Canterbury & West Coast, New Zealand
5 days ago



Massey University
Massey University
Auckland, New Zealand
14 days ago



The University of Auckland
The University of Auckland
Auckland, New Zealand
14 days ago



University of Canterbury
University of Canterbury
Canterbury & West Coast, New Zealand
15 days ago



University of Otago
University of Otago
Otago & Southland, New Zealand
6 days ago



The University of Auckland
The University of Auckland
Auckland, New Zealand
12 days ago



Massey University
Massey University
Taranaki, Wanganui & Manawatu, New Zealand
14 days ago



Massey University
Massey University
Auckland, New Zealand
6 days ago



new

The University of Auckland
The University of Auckland
Auckland, New Zealand
12 hours ago



Massey University
Massey University
Taranaki, Wanganui & Manawatu, New Zealand
1 day ago


Now, natch, I consider myself an amateur psychologist second to none, along with professional if not professorial level abilities at creative accounting (OK, so the word "creative" is not actually in the titles above). Also I have friends who are accountants.

Tourism, well, I have travelled a bit, and know most of the South Island like the back of my hand while thinking the North Island is foreign country. As for "creative writing" ... you are reading this blog. Perhaps you could supply a reference?

I think I will stick to serving the Anglican church, boosting its psychological well-being, beefing up its finances, generally touring about from parish to parish ... and blogging :)

2 comments:

Father Ron Smith said...

Dear Peter, if the term 'Creative Writiung' is meant to imply the use of an elevated gift of imagination - sanctified or not - I should think that most bloggers have that distinctive facility. In fact, I have complete an officialy approved course in such a discipline and am immensely enjoying the result, post -retirement. I don't expect to be taking up the offer sho have given to us here.

Peter Carrell said...

Hi Ron
I am not going to publish your comment here which refers to a noted journalist in terms of "creative writing" and links allegation made against a prelate of one church with another prelate ... you have your own blog to make those assertions. But I am not publishing what you submitted here because even if not libellous it could require extrication via multiple apologies etc ... time to waste which I do not have!